Use of Illegal Substances and America's High School Dropout Crisis
Lower high school grades and motivation and higher risk of dropping out are associated with use of illegal substances. A Report from IBH discusses decades of scientific studies that show the connection between adolescent substance use and school failure.
- December 1, 2013: National Impaired Driving Prevention Month
- November 20, 2013: US Needs to Follow Sweden's Lead in Drug Policy
- November 7, 2013: Neil McKeganey: "Legal" Highs a Low Point
- November 1, 2013: Leveraging Justice System to Reduce Drug Use
- October 31, 2013: Marijuana Legalization and Federal Law - A Missed Opportunity
- October 30, 2013: IBH President Discusses the Substance-Use Dropout Connection on Shatterproof Blog
- October 29, 2013: IBH President Discusses Drugged Driving with Highway to Safety's David Wallace
- September 30, 2013: Drivers Positive for Drugs Have Triple the Risk of Fatal Crash
- September 16, 2013: Over One Quarter of High School Seniors Drive After Using Alcohol or Drugs, or Ride With Driver Who Has
- More News Items...